Sunday, June 20, 2010

# 22 Downloadable audiobooks


I have never downloaded any audiobooks online. This is a good opportunity for me to experiment. I went to MCPL Maryland Digital Library Consortum downloaded Over Drive Media Console to my PC and browsed through. Each title gives you an icon selection (PC, MAC, Burn to CD, WMA, iPod or MP3) to choose for download. In Netlibrary e-audio selection the iPod/MP3 is limited, the titles I am interested in are not in that format, so I just downloaded "No. 1 Lady Detective Agency" into my PC. When a customer calls/asks us how to download from home I have no idea what kind of device or computer setup they have at home. I just show/tell them the links on our homepage. Project Gutenburg contains a lot of esoteric and classic stuff. You can also browse through the Top 100 downloaded e-books. At the beginning I had a problem download Laozi in Chinese after few tried I decided to download the most frequent requested title in my library "Alice in Wonderland" to my PC. Now, I know how to download an e-books.

No comments:

Post a Comment